Implementation of an information system, like the one you and your group have designed, requires cooperation and coordination of many information technology professionals with a range of expertise.
During this Unit, you will develop a test plan for the system you have developed during this course and complete the portion of the project relevant to your area of concentration.
- Plan strategies to test the various components of a computer-based information system
- Implement a network and database application based on a system design
- Implement specialized information system products for system integration
Discussion: Project Test Plan
Integrating various modules into a fully operational system requires not only systematic planning but also systematic testing.
To prepare for this Discussion, review the processes for unit/module testing, integration testing, and system testing. Consider the distinction between performance tests and acceptance tests. Determine what tests are appropriate for the specialized software product you intend to integrate with your group’s system.
By Day 3
Post a summary of your test plan, including specifically what type or types of testing take place. Explain why you have chosen this test design.
Read all of your group members’ postings.
By Day 5
Respond to at least two of your group members’ postings in the following ways:
- Make a suggestion for additions or modifications to your colleague’s test plan. Be sure to justify why this addition or modification is necessary.
- Identify a colleague who chose a different testing paradigm than that you employed, and contrast these two approaches.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.
Assignment: System Development Phase III
For this Unit you will complete the development of your specialized system project and coordination with your project group.
Read the Concentration Deliverables for Case Study document, which can be found in the Learning Resources. Complete the Unit 6 deliverable that is appropriate for your concentration area of study. Even if other members of your group are in the same concentration, you must create your deliverables independently. You are not responsible for other deliverables.