- BMGT 365 – Team Deliverable #1 – Job Announcement
NOTE: All submitted work is to be your team’s original work. You may not use any work from another student, the Internet or an online clearinghouse. You are expected to understand the Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism Policy, and know that it is your responsibility to learn about instructor and general academic expectations with regard to proper citation of sources as specified in the APA Publication Manual, 6th Ed. (Students are held accountable for in-text citations and an associated reference list only).
Team Deliverable #1 is due Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. eastern time of week 2 unless otherwise changed by the instructor.
The purpose of this project is to gain an understanding of what it means to be a leader within an organization and to use characteristics and skills required of a leader in a real- world application.
You are also completing this project to help you develop the skills of research, critical thinking, teamwork, writing and developing a job announcement. Writing is critical because in business it is important to convey information clearly and concisely and to develop a personal brand. Developing a personal brand is important because it is the ongoing process of establishing an image or impression in the minds of others especially those in positions above you. Having a strong personal brand can lead to opportunities that include promotions.
Skills: Research, Writing, Critical Thinking, Developing a Personal Brand, Job Announcement
Outcomes Met With This Project:
- use leadership theories, assessment tools, and an understanding of the role of ethics, values, and attitudes to evaluate and enhance personal leadership skills
- assess the interactions between the external environment and the organization to foster responsible and effective leadership and organizational practices
- Collaborate in teams utilizing effective communication techniques
- Develop individual awareness, style, and communication skills that enhances leadership skills
- Integrate and apply analytical principles and skills to make strategic decision
This project is the first of three group projects. Members of the team will collaborate acting as a self-managed team. As a self-managed team, members take a collective responsibility for ensuring the team operates effectively, sets team goals, manages time, makes decisions and solve problems, communicates frequently and clearly, and meets the deadline. You may have team members that are located all over the world. Working in a virtual environment should not stop the self-managed team from being successful in reaching the final goal. All work must appear in the Group area. If you work outside of the group area, you will not receive credit for the collaborative work.